Text: Daniel 1:1-13.This is the season of the new normal and the next normal. Things can not be the same again. Hence, we need men and women who will dare to be different.
Definition: To dare is:
. To be brave enough to do something difficult or dangerous
. To have the necessary courage or boldness for something; to be bold enough
. To have the boldness to try; venture; hazard
. To meet defiantly; face courageously
. To challenge or provoke (a person) into a demonstration of courage; to defy
. To stand out
Let us quickly examine the following quotes to lay the context for the topic: DARE TO BE DIFFERENT.
- Dare to be different. Be a pioneer. Be a leader. Be the kind of woman who in the face of adversity will continue to embrace life and walk fearlessly toward the challenge.
- Champion the right to be yourself; dare to be different and to set your own pattern, live your own life, and follow your own star.
- If you want to be successful in life, simply watch what most people would do in a given situation, and then do the total opposite- Nine times out of ten, you will receive greater rewards.
– Earl Nightingale.
- Dare to be different means to live your life without changing your behaviour because of social pressures. You’re daring to be different because it is a difficult thing to break past social pressures in all areas of your life that force you to become a certain type of person that you don’t necessarily want to become. Dare to be different actually means dare to be yourself. Social conditioning makes everyone the same, so by being yourself you are being different than everyone else.
– Kinan Sawar
ONLY A MADMAN WILL CONTINUE TO DO THE SAME THING THE SAME WAY AND EXPECT A DIFFERENT RESULT.
POINTS TO COMMIT TO HEART, IF YOU MUST ‘DARE TO BE DIFFERENT.’
- Know The Source Of Your Strength.
If we want to dare to be different, then we need to be sure of who we are, why we are here and where our strength comes from.
Are you tired of playing games, wearing masks (Not The Corona Virus induced Face Mask) or trying to be someone other than yourself?
Would you like to learn how to embrace your uniqueness and resist the pull to be like everyone else? God knew what He was doing when He made you. You are a unique individual—God created you the way you are!
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Jeremiah 29:11. For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Children of God, it is time we dare to accept ourselves as different and stop being insecure about who we are.
- Just be you!
If you’re going to overcome insecurities and be the person God has called you to be, you must have the courage to be different.
Unhappiness and frustration happen when you reject your uniqueness and try to be like another person. If you’re going to be successful at being completely you, then you’re going to have to take a chance on not being like everyone else.
2 Corinthians 10:12. For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
Don’t be a people-pleaser. Be a God-pleaser. Becoming a people-pleaser is one of the easiest things we can do…but it can ultimately make us very unhappy.