It is true that delay is not denial but it can lead to decay. Destinies and dreams have been short-circuited because of delay or stagnancy. There is certainly nothing good about stagnant water. There is no inflow and outflow that brings freshness. Life is progressive and dynamic.
- Why must you wait for ten years to have a baby when you can have one
nine months after marriage?
- Why must you marry at 40 as a lady when you can marry at 20?
- Why must you sit for school certificate or Jamb 5 times when you can actually get good grades at a sitting?
- Why must you roam round the city in search for employment when employers can actually look for you?
- Why must you seek for visa for such a very long time when you can have it at your first application?
- Why must you remain in a state of ill-health when you have been healed by His stripes?
- Why must you remain a baby, tossed to and fro, when you should grow in Grace and be mature in spiritual matters?
- Why must you remain in the condition of not having enough when you can move up the ladder of having just enough?
- Why must you remain in the level of just enough when you can move up to the level of more than enough?
- Why must you remain a dependant when you should be a provider?
I boldly declare by the counsel of the Lord today that your period of stagnancy is over! No more stagnancy. You will move forward in Jesus name! You will make meaningful progress in Jesus name! Have you ever seen a signage that reads:
That is what life is designed to be. Stagnancy is not the plan of God. There is even a popular saying that no condition is permanent. Let me modify it by saying no bad condition is permanent. We can permanently remain in good condition. God is good all the time. His goodness and mercy shall follow us all the days of our life. This is a permanently good situation.
‘The LORD our God spake unto us in Horeb, saying, Ye have dwelt long enough in this mount: Turn you, and take your journey, and go to the mount of the Amorites, and unto all the places nigh thereunto, in the plain, in the hills, and in the vale, and in the south, and by the sea side, to the land of the Canaanites, and unto Lebanon, unto the great river, the river Euphrates. Behold, I have set the land before you: go in and possess the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give unto them and to their seed after them’- Deut. 1:6-8
Israel got stuck on the way from Egypt to the Promised Land. They had made progress all the way until they got to Horeb. This mountain seemed to be their last bus stop. It seemed to be their destination but this was not the plan of God for them. Does this refer to you? Does your situation look like a final destination? Have you given up to fate? Have you accepted your condition as permanent or God’s will for you?
This must have been the conclusion of the children of Israel. They camped around mount Horeb. It is pathetic that this is the situation of several Christians too. They camp around little success as if it is the zenith of their progress in life. There are some people that camp around their unpleasant situation too as if there is no possibility of change. This is satanic. God desires that we succeed in leaps and bounds.
Success in life generally whether in family, ministry, work or business is dynamic. It is progressive. You can never reach the peak. Where you are right now in life, ministry or business is not the zenith. There are more grounds to cover.
Some people limit themselves by their grasshopper mentality. Their prayer and wish is myopic and dwarf-like. They say, if I can have just one car, I am okay. That is exactly the limit of prosperity God will give them. Another will say, one house is enough for me, if I can build one that is all I need in life. Well, that is exactly their limit.
Some pastors will say, ‘God is not after quantity. He is after quality. If I can have just fifty members who are committed to God, I am fine. I don’t need crowd’. This is a lie of the devil. It is the will of God that the whole world should be saved. He doesn’t want any sinner to perish. If you are a pastor with this pigmy mentality, your church will never grow. Whatever you conceive and believe, you will achieve.