No half measures. What is worth doing at all is worth doing well.
Your Personal Development Plans Guide for 2019 must include but not limited to the following:
1. BUILD SPIRITUAL CAPACITY. Have Quality Fellowship with your God. The purpose of creation was the desire of God to have fellowship with man. Gen. 3:8-10. God created us to show forth His Praise. This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the Lord. Psalm 102:18
2. READ INSPIRATIONAL, MOTIVATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL BOOKS WEEKLY, MONTHLY OR QUARTERLY. When you stop reading, you start to decay. The more you read the sharper and articulate you become. You need fresh knowledge. Read widely to acquire wide knowledge. Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Tim. 2:15
3. ATTEND PROFESSIONAL AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT SEMINARS, CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS. It does not have to be free or paid for by your employer. If need be, pay from your personal resources. You’re loading your cloud for future harvests.
4. CONNECT WITH MENTORS AND COACHES THAT WILL ADD GREAT VALUE TO YOUR LIFE AND WORK. Those who cannot add to your life will reduce from it. Run away from Caterpillars. You need Pillars to make progress in life. You need a mentor to maintain a progressive lead in all life endeavours. A mentor is a wise and trusted counsellor or teacher. He/she is an influential sponsor or supporter. He/she is a guide who will ensure you avoid pitfalls because he/she has trod where you’re treading.
5. RELEVANT/ADDITIONAL SKILLS TO DEVELOP OR SHARPEN YOUR ABILITY TO SERVE PEOPLE AND EARN MORE. Your LEARNING ability is directly proportionate to your EARN Capacity & Capability. Paul was a Lawyer before his conversion. He became a Tent Maker to support his Ministry. Be multi-skilled and multi-talented.
6. EVENTS, PLACES, CITIES AND NATIONS TO VISIT FOR PERSONAL RELAXATION, RECREATION, RETREAT AND EDUCATION. You won’t know how small your father’s farm is until you get to another person’s father’s farm, so says the word of our Elders. Jesus in his earthly Ministry always takes out time to Retreat.
7. JOIN NETWORKS/ASSOCIATIONS TO SERVE AS LEVERAGES FOR OPPORTUNITIES AND CONNECTIONS (ONLINE OR OFFLINE). If you want to go fast, go alone but for you to go far in life, go with people. Have a great TEAM. T.E.A.M means, Together Everyone Achieves More.
8. CREATE PRODUCTS OR/AND SERVICES TO MULTIPLY IMPACT AND INCREASE INCOME. You must be innovative. Ideas rule the World. In the Academic world, you either Publish or Perish. In Business and life generally, you either Innovate or DIE.
9. CUT OFF NEGATIVE RELATIONSHIPS OR FRIENDSHIPS. Negative energies drain personal energy. You must develop and move with people with positive energies to propel you to greater achievements. Anyone with, I can’t do it or impossible mentality should be avoided like a plague!
10. UNDERTAKE WISE AND INTELLIGENT INVESTMENTS. Consult professionals for guidance and pray for divine direction. Create multiple streams of income (passive and active). Do your job diligently but mind your business passionately.
11. CONFRONT AND CONQUER NEGATIVE HABITS, ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOURS. The Habits that you indulge in will make or mar you. 2 Tim. 2:20-22
12. CULTIVATE POSITIVE HABITS, ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOURS. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. Phil. 4:8-9
It’s not too late for your 2019 Plans to Begin Now!
Originally sourced from The Social Media but further developed and repackaged by Bayo Olugbemi.